PORTFOLIO VALUATION & Advisory Services
Enhancing the credibility and transparency of your reporting
Given the difficulty of valuing illiquid assets and the potential for conflict of interest, private equity firms, hedge funds, other investment managers and financial institutions can rely on us for independent third-party valuation services.
Our portfolio valuation services and expert advice can help clients enhance the credibility and transparency of investor reporting and provide benchmarks and support for fund raising and management fees. Whether you report under ASC 820 (SFAS 157) or IAS 39, the practice of reporting investments at cost until portfolio companies or securities are sold is no longer compliant under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
We are a leading advisor on valuations required under ASC 820 and IAS 39 due to our deep portfolio, private-company and derivatives valuation experience, and our strong relationships with regulators and auditors.
We value a broad range of complex securities, strategies and derivatives, including:
- Illiquid debt and equity securities
- Complex derivative instruments
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Collateralized debt obligations
- Collateralized loan obligations
- Auction-rate securities
- PIPE investments
- Leveraged loans, including senior secured debt, secured lien loans and subordinated loans
- Convertible arbitrage strategies
- Joint venture investments
- Trade claims and bankruptcy claims
- Real estate investments
- Emerging market securities
Structured Product Valuation and Pricing
Derivatives Valuation & Risk Management
Portfolio Valuation & Advisory Services Contacts:
It is not known whether the listed clients approve or disapprove of Houlihan Lokey or the advisory services provided.